Jerusalem Wooden Nativity
Adorably handcrafted, this woolen and wooden nativity scene is a beautiful and simplistic way to bring the Christmas story to life in your home. Lightweight and smaller than our felt nativity, this set includes Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, the Three Kings, a lamb, bull, donkey and Christmas tree. Each set is handmade by a group of Bedouin women in the Abunuwar settlement northeast of Jerusalem's old city with wool thread made from hand-spun wool using drop spindles, and then wrapped around the wooden base.
- Mary: H:3"/ 7.62cm W:2"/ 5.1cm
- Joseph: H:4" / 10.2cm W:2"/ 5.1cm
- Baby Jesus: H:1.5" /3.8cm W:0.75"/ 1.9cm
- Large Wise King: H:4.25" /10.8cm W:1.75"/ 7cm
- Medium Wise King: H:4" /10.2cm W:1.75"/ 7cm
- Small Wise King: H:3.25" /8.25cm W:1.75"/ 7cm
- Tree: H:6.75" /17.2cm W:2.25"/ 5.7cm
- Lamb: H:2"/5cm W:2.5"/ 6.4cm
- Bull: H:2.5"/6.4cm W:3.75"/ 9.5cm
- Donkey: H:3"/7.6cm W:3.25"/8.25cm
- Set of 10 pieces
- Made by a group of Bedouin women in the Abunuwar settlement northeast of Jerusalem's old city.
- Made from sustainably harvested, locally-sourced merino-wool.
Quality and magic that can’t be found in a factory.
We design and craft beautiful gifts that support women’s entrepreneurship and preserve artisanal traditions, while cultivating ethical and environmental business practices that support everyone in our supply chain.
We are detail and design focused. Obsessed with beauty. Committed to spreading joy.
Small Gifts with a Big Impact.
From our studio in Brooklyn, we work with artisans in developing countries to preserve traditional crafts and support local communities.
We are Fair-Trade Certified and have partnered with most of our artisans for over a decade.
We work with amazing women artisans in Kyrgyzstan, and are expanding our collaborations to artisans in Palestine, Morocco, Afghanistan, Madagascar as well as communities of adults with disabilities in the United States.