One of the best parts of working at Craftspring is designing our new ornament collections each year! Between January and March, we work daily on the new designs sending drafts back and forth with the artisans, fine tuning each and every detail. It happens to work out quite nicely as our days and nights are opposite, working literally around the global clock. This year, we came up with an astonishing 173 new designs!!! Including an entire seaside collection both above and below the waves and a fantastic Hawaii 5.0 collection - surf Santa and hula girl included! We reimagined and added to our animal and beloved dinosaur collections! Went back in time with this year's splendid ancient world collection. Added new automobiles, expanded the motherhood collection including our new favorite, a dad with his baby and a graceful group of new peace angels and gorgeous tree toppers!!!
In terms of the actual designing of the ornaments, we use a mix of techniques to bring our ideas to life:
Interestingly, as our artisans speak Russian, we rely a little bit on google translate to help us with technical wording. We write all directions in English first, and then translate into Russian.
1. This idea started with a hand-drawn sketch:
2. The sketch was then colored in Photoshop! We made two beautiful color options for this design!
3. We sent our design + instructions off to our artisan partner, Galina and in return, she sent us pictures of the samples she whipped up!
4. We loved these!!! Only a minor detail to change on the blonde mermaid's hand placement. We sent back our feedback to Galina:
5. With a slight change in color to our blonde mermaid's seahorse, we ended up with two amazingly beautiful mermaid ornaments!!! Very happy with the results. Swimming into your arms this summer!!
A LITTLE MAGIC FROM US TO YOU
Sign up to receive all the latest on new arrivals, discounts,
promotions, blog posts, and more!